I stumbled upon microwave coffee mug recipes last night on Pinterest.
It kind of blew my whole world apart. There’s literally whole vistas of super fast single serving meals that you can make in the microwave out there.
All it takes? A coffee mug and some simple ingredients.
There’s a super practical reason I’m so intrigued by quickie meals zapped into existence in a microwavable cup. As a work at home mom, I am on the go pretty constantly from the time business starts at 7am til I go offline around 4 or 5pm. Between making sure my graphic design and illustration projects are on track, helping Phil stay occupied while I work, talking to clients on the phone, and keeping up with e-mails, there’s a good portion of the week where I skip lunch.
If you’ve experienced hungry Steph… I mean hangry Steph… (That’s when you’re so hungry you get angry) you know that by the end of the work day I’m usually starving and sort of kind of surly.
The idea of microwave coffee mug recipes is exciting because it means I can make actual healthy lunches in just a couple of minutes without the help of Lean Cuisine. The first thing I tried for lunch today? Scrambled eggs!
Microwave Coffee Mug Recipes: Scrambled Eggs
- A microwave-safe 12 oz coffee mug
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- a handful of shredded cheese (I used Mexican Style cheddar cheese)
- a splash of milk (if you like to measure it out, go for about 2 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook it up:
- Give the inside of your coffee mug a spritz of the nonstick spray. It doesn’t have to be a lot – you can use a little, and then spread it around with a paper towel.
- Crack your eggs into the mug, add the cheese, and splash in some milk.
- Stir it all up. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Put it in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Put it in the microwave for 45 more seconds. Stir again to make sure it’s cooked thoroughly.
- Eat it up!
- Bonus round: make some for your 2 year old son knowing he won’t it. Now you get to have seconds!
Adapted from IncredibleEgg.org.
You might also like
Latest posts by Steph Calvert (see all)
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (insert whistling) - May 23, 2016
- Childrens Books Illustration: U is for Unicorn - May 19, 2016
- Like a Bird Napping in a Tree - May 5, 2016
- Digital Collage Editorial Illustration Process - May 3, 2016
- Character Design Concept: Cute Woodland Animals - April 27, 2016